In pursuance of the Government of India’s directives and as per the Supreme Court Guidelines, IIM Nagpur has constituted a Gender Issues Committee (GlC). GIC’s role is to not only be an lnternal Complaints Committee that is required as per the Supreme Court Guidelines but also to focus additionally on creating awareness, counselling and educating about gender issues.
The Committee has the following objectives:
- Prevention, prohibition and complaint redressal of sexual harassment of women at the workplace.
- Dealing with cases of sexual harassment at workplace in a time-bound manner with required consultation and support to the complainant/victim.
- Promoting gender amity among llMN employees and students.
- Making recommendations to make norms and rules gender just.
- Fostering a gender-sensitive culture at llMN by organizing social and awareness programmes, workshops and seminars.
The composition of the GIC at IIM Nagpur is as follows:
|1.||Prof. Varsha Khandker||Chairperson|
|2.||Ms. Aarti Pophali||Convener|
|3.||Ms. Pallavi Padole||External Member|
|4.||Prof. Deeparghya Mukherjee||Member|
|5.||Mr. Shivaji Dhawad||Member|
|6.||Mr. Gaurav Agrawal||PGP2 Student Representative|
The GIC can be approached on email@example.com or 0712-710 2370/2358.